Many wonder how become a singer online and what’s needed. Apparently by Andrea there are 5 steps and tips that can help you make the cut. But before we move on to those tips here’s some latest news about an unreleased collaboration that Amy Winehouse did with Nas before she sadly passed away.
Ross McDonagh of the Daily Mail had this to say about this unreleased track surfacing online.
Amy Winehouse becoming a singer online yet again
Amy Winehouse could soon be back in the charts in a collaboration with US rapper Nas.
A new track featuring previously unreleased vocals by the late singer has surfaced online.
The track, called Cherry Wine, features Amy, who died from alcohol poisoning a year ago, singing the chorus with the lines: ‘Where is he / the man who is just like me / I heard he was hiding / somewhere I can’t see.
‘I’m alone / and I realise that when I get home / I want to go to my red and my cherry.’
The song was produced by Salaam Remi, who had introduced the pair and worked on both of Amy’s albums released when she was alive, Frank and Back To Black.
New York rapper Nas had recorded with Amy before. Their song Like Smoke was released on her posthumous album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures.
Speaking about that track, Nas said hearing it back was difficult for him.
He said: ‘It’s a bittersweet feeling to do something with her now that she’s not here. I’m happy… the sweet part is that we do have the music, fans have new music from her.
‘The bitter part is that she’s no longer here to really give it to us and to really live her music and for us to see her smile and hear her voice.’
Cherry Wine appears on Nas’ new album, Life Is Good which also features work from Drake, Rick Ross, Mary J Blige, Swizz Beatz and Heavy D and will be released on July 17.
It’s beautiful to hear her voice in full flow, and a new unreleased track is about to be released. I wonder what more is to come?
So would you like to know how to become a singer online?
Here’s a few tips from Andrea Palmer (an eHow contributor) on how you can do just that.
Becoming a singer will take talent, effective marketing and tough skin. The entertainment industry rejects thousands of singers a year because they lack one of the three aforementioned qualities. Building on your talent, making sure you get heard and standing out from the rest is what makes a good singer great. You can become a singer online with a little help.
Here’s 5 straight forward tips to get and keep you going:
- Practice your singing daily. This is the most important step. Practicing and evolving your talent prepares you for international display. To be successful as an online singer, you must hone your talent religiously.
- Sign up for an account with YouTube or another video hosting site and upload weekly or daily videos of you singing. This will expose you to actual viewers who can offer feedback, criticism and encouragement. Not all criticism will be kind.
- Record your first video for the site and make sure that you state your name clearly. This is important; it helps the viewers connect with you and remember you. Sing clearly; your first video will set the tone for all other videos. If you sing poorly in your first video, many will not stay on to watch the second. Do as many takes as you need to to get the right video for uploading.
- Read your feedback and comments and apply them to your rehearsals. Often a singer’s biggest mistake is not listening to her listeners. Thoughtful insight can let a singer know if she is too loud, too pitchy or not in key. Expert singers and managers often have accounts on YouTube and offer advice on videos. Let the unhelpful feedback roll off your shoulders; it won’t help to dwell on it.
- Enter contestson YouTube and other video-hosting sites. These are the quickest ways to gain maximum exposure and begin winning and earning money. YouTube has dozens of contests every month. Professional managers use these contests to scope out talent. With practice and determination, you can get discovered online and become a singer.
It may not get you online like Amy Winehouse with unreleased collaborations turning up, but these tips are a great list to give you an insight on how to become a singer online.
Here’s how you can share this unreleased track with your friends
If you want your friends to hear this unreleased track of Amy Winehouses simply tweet this post.
If you have friends on Facebook just click the like and share buttons to the left or below.